Please bring the originals of the following documents:
- Passport or birth certificate/proof of citizenship combined with an ID-card
- School-leaving certificate or equivalent certificate
- If transferring from another Austrian university, you will also need to bring: leaving certificate and student statistics form.
- Application for recognition of equivalence
- For master's degrees held in english: IELTS (minimum 6 points) or TOEFL ibt (minimum 80 points) or TOEFL pbt (minimum 550 points)
1.) Check the equivalence of your bachelor's degree: Anabin
Status H+ : acknowledged university
Status H+/- : unsure status. Contact admission(at)unileoben.ac.at
Status H- : not an acknowledged university. Confirmation of admission will not be accepted.
2.) Check if your documents need an authentication:
Ministry of Education: Authentication
3.) Foreign Documents need to be translated into German or English by a certified translator, and legally certified.
1.) To ease the admission process, make sure you pre-register.
2.) Once you show evidence of the above mentioned documents at the Registrar's Office (first floor, main building) you will receive registration folder and a form, which you will need to fill in in order to complete your admission.
You will initially be enrolled for a bachelor's degree. Once the responsible professor and the Dean have examined your documents and agreed that you shall be enrolled, can you begin your master's degree, and re-enroll yourself.
3.) The students' union membership fee [ÖH-Beitrag] needs to be paid as quickly as possible. You must use your reference number for the payment to be made.
4.) Once the transaction has gone through (2-3 working days), you can sign into your MU-Online account and sign-up for classes. For the first access to your MU-Online account, you will need the pincode given to you at registration.
This pin is only valid for 7 days!
If your pin has expired, you can get a new one from the Registrar`s Office. A manual on how to do this can be found in the userguide.