- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Doctoral studies
- Postgraduate Courses
- Academic Calendar
- Current Students
- About Montanuniversität
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Programmes
- Campus Life
- Information & Study Guidance
- Information on Student Fees
- Orientation Phase
- Prospective International Students
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Pupils Attending University
Registering for a Bachelor's Degree
Please bring the following documents to registration:
All documents must be originals:
- Passport(copy) or Birth certificate/proof of citizenship combined with an ID-card
- CV (incl. photo)
- High-school diploma or equivalent certificate including all elected subjects and obtained grades
- If transferring from another Austrian university, you will also need to bring: Leaving certificate, student statistics form
- If your high-school diploma is not equivalent to the Austrian "Matura", please also bring the confirmation of admission from an acknowledged technical university located in the same country as the high-school from which you graduated
- Application for admission (signed)
It is recommended to fill the application electronically.
Checking your Documents before Registering
The following link shows you which high-school diplomas are equivalent to the Austrian "Matura".
Ministry of Education: Foreign Diplomas
Starred* countries: Send your diploma for examination to admission(at)unileoben.ac.at
Countries with ** or *** need an original confirmation of admission from an acknowledged university in the country the high-school diploma was issued.
Check if your documents need an authentication:
Ministry of Education: Authentication
3.) Foreign Documents need to be translated into German or English by a certified translator, and legally certified.
4.) The completely filled application for admission and all above mentioned documents need to be sent to the following address:
Franz Josef-Straße 18
Students without (sufficient) knowledge of German
...are obliged to take a German test upon arrival in Leoben.
Find more information here.
Admission to Montanuniversität Leoben
1.) To ease the admission process, make sure you pre-register.
The photo for your student-ID can be taken at the Registrar's Office too.
2.) Once you show evidence of the above mentioned documents at the Registrar's Office (first floor, main building) you will receive registration folder and a form, which you will need to fill in in order to complete your admission.
3.) The students' union membership fee [ÖH-Beitrag] (EUR 18.50 per semester) needs to be paid as quickly as possible. You can take your account data from the payment order you receive after registration.
It is necessary to use your reference number for the payment to be made!
4.) Once the transaction has gone through (2-3 working days), you can sign into your MU-Online account and sign-up for classes. For the first access to your MU-Online account, you will need the pin code given to you at registration.
Please note that this pin is only valid for 7 days!
If your pin has expired, you can get a new one from the Registrar`s Office. A manual on how to do this can be found in the userguide.