Header Bild

Starter Montanuniversität Leoben

Registering for a Master's Degree

Documents needed for Registration:

Please bring the originals of the following documents:

  • Passport or Birth certificate/proof of citizenship combined with an ID-card
  • School-leaving certificate or equivalent certificate
  • If transferring from another Austrian university, you will also need to bring: Leaving certificate, student statistics form
  • Application for recognition of equivalence
  • For master's degrees held in english: IELTS (minimum 6 points) or TOEFL ibt (minimum 80 points) or TOEFL pbt (minimum 550 points)

Checking your Documents before Registration

1.) Check the equivalence of your bachelor's degree: Anabin

Status H+ : acknowledged university
Status H+/- : unsure status. Contact admission(at)unileoben.ac.at
Status H- : not an acknowledged university. Confirmation of admission will not be accepted.

2.) Check if your documents need an authentication:
Ministry of Education: Authentication

The austrian authority in charge is the  Austrian Embassy.
Authentication by Apostille

3.) Foreign Documents need to be translated into German or English by a certified translator, and legally certified.

German Master's degrees for Students without (sufficient) knowledge of the German Language

..are obliged to take a German test upon arrival in Leoben.

Find more information here.

! The usual admission procedure does not apply !

Admission to Montanuniversitaet Leoben

1.) To ease the admission process, make sure you pre-register.

The photo for your student-ID can be taken at the office too.

2.) Once you show evidence of the above mentioned documents at the Registrar's Office (first floor, main building) you will receive registration folder and a form, which you will need to fill in in order to complete your admission.

You will initially be enrolled for a bachelor's degree. Once the responsible professor and the Dean have examined your documents and agreed that you shall be enrolled, can you begin your master's degree, and re-enroll yourself.

3.) The students' union membership fee [ÖH-Beitrag] (EUR 18.50 per semester) needs to be paid as quickly as possible. You must use your reference number for the payment to be made.

4.) Once the transaction has gone through (2-3 working days), you can sign into your MU-Online account and sign-up for classes. For the first access to your MU-Online account, you will need the pincode given to you at registration.

This pin is only valid for 7 days!

If your pin has expired, you can get a new one from the Registrar`s Office. A manual on how to do this can be found in the userguide.