Header Bild

Starter Montanuniversität Leoben

Registering for a Bachelor's Degree

All high-school graduates can study at Montanuniversität Leoben. There is no application process and the amount of available places is not limited.


Please bring the following documents to registration:

All documents must be originals:

  • Passport or Birth certificate/proof of citizenship combined with an ID-card
  • High-school diploma
  • If transferring from another Austrian university, you will also need to bring: Leaving certificate, student statistics form
  • If your high-school diploma is not equivalent to the Austrian "Matura", please also bring the confirmation of admission from an acknowledged technical university located in the same country as the high-school from which you graduated.

Checking your Documents before Registering

1.) The following link shows you which high-school diplomas are equivalent to the Austrian "Matura".

Ministry of Education: Foreign Diplomas

Starred* countries: Send your diploma for examination to admission(at)unileoben.ac.at
Countries with ** or *** need an original confirmation of admission from an acknowledged university in the country the high-school diploma was issued.

Find acknowledged technical universities here: Anabin

Status H+ : acknowledged university
Status H+/- : unsure status. Contact admission(at)unileoben.ac.at
Status H- : not an acknowledged university. Confirmation of admission will not be accepted.

2.) Check if your documents need an authentication:
Ministry of Education: Authentication

The austrian authority in charge is the  Austrian Embassy.
Authentication by Apostille

3.) Foreign Documents need to be translated into German or English by a certified translator, and legally certified.

Students without (sufficient) knowledge of German

...are obliged to take a German test upon arrival in Leoben.

Find more information here.

! The usual admission procedure does not apply !

Admission to Montanuniversität Leoben

1.) To ease the admission process, make sure you pre-register.

The photo for your student-ID can be taken at the office too.


2.) Once you show evidence of the above mentioned documents at the Registrar's Office (first floor, main building) you will receive registration folder and a form, which you will need to fill in in order to complete your admission.

3.) The students' union membership fee [ÖH-Beitrag] (EUR 18.50 per semester) needs to be paid as quickly as possible. You must use your reference number for the payment to be made.

4.) Once the transaction has gone through (2-3 working days), you can sign into your MU-Online account and sign-up for classes. For the first access to your MU-Online account, you will need the pincode given to you at registration.

This pin is only valid for 7 days!

If your pin has expired, you can get a new one from the Registrar`s Office. A manual on how to do this can be found in the userguide.